This one is definitely not native to Russia but is quite popular there year round. I’ve only recently realized how easy these are to make and require absolutely no baking or prep work.
- 1 package (~7oz) of sweet tea biscuits
- ½ cups of pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1.5 sticks of softened butter (unsalted)
- 1 shot of rum (cognac can be used instead)
- Dry coconut shavings if desired
First you’ll have to crush the tea biscuits and pecans into a flour or slightly more coarse consistency. Using a food processor helps a lot.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
Use a large spoon to slowly mix the ingredients together. It will first form clumps, but the longer you work at it the more butter will be mixed into the ingredients. You want to reach a sticky, uniform, mix that can be rolled into balls.
Roll the mix into balls and coat in coconut shavings if desired. Chill and serve!